Are you feeling isolated?
Are you a senior or disadvantaged artist who is feeling isolated? Do you feel you have nowhere to turn for help? Possibly you know of someone within our arts community who may be isolated and may need help?
Whether you are a professional singer, actor, dancer, musician, arts administrator, painter, sculptor, writer, filmmaker, stage manager, designer, or theatre technician, you know the joy that your vocation and profession bring to you. You also know the challenges and burdens that you and your colleagues may face throughout an artistic journey. You also know that a simple act of human kindness can provide enormous support and encouragement.
Do you need help with completing basic household chores? Do you need a ride to your next doctor or dental appointment? Would you like to go to a local arts event, but you are unable to go by yourself? Possibly you are feeling lonely and just want someone with whom you can have a friendly conversation?
If you are a senior artist and have answered yes to any of the above questions, PAL Canada would like to hear from you. We can help!
Do you know an arts professional who is:
- In poor physical and/or mental health?
- Living alone, without family or friends?
- Living in a condition of neglect?
Does your concern relate to his or her physical health, mental health, home safety, isolation, or lack of support?
If yes, you should:
- Express your concern to the person.
- Record the person’s coordinates: name, address, phone number, and (where applicable) e-mail address.
- Find out if there are family members, a doctor, or a service that is already involved with the person.
- If the person is an immediate danger to him or herself, or to others, call 911.
- Call the family member, the doctor, or the service that is already involved.
- Call your local Public Health Information Line.
WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO MAKE
OUR PROGRAM A SUCCESS!
For further information about PAL Canada's Supporting Cast Outreach Program: